Do you wonder what caused similar products or services to show time and again even when you had just once visited the page? Yes, you guessed it right. This is retargeting by ads where a tag or pixel gets attached to your browser cookies. It causes similar product show again to the same visitors.
The result is a sequence of online ads diligently following the potential customer, reminding them of the product or service and telling them to close the deal. Visitors can either be targeted by the Google ads or any of the social media ads like Facebook ads.
What actually remarketing or retargeting means?
Marketing is the process of creating, communicating, delivering and exchanging your products or service offerings that has value for your customers and users. Similarly, retargeting by ads is the process of remarketing of your product or service to the target audience which has shown some intent in your offering. Customer intent may or may not have resulted in sales or conversion.
Thus retargeting by ads would serve as a reminding process for –
- A Customer who has not taken the desired action or converted as yet.
- A Customer who had once got converted and more likely to visit and remain loyal to the seller / service provider.
Technicality behind Retargeting or Remarketing
Pros & Cons of retargeting by ads
- Greatly improves brand recognition as target audience is the one which is already aware about your brand and service. They have already visited your page in search of their demands and often also termed as interested audience.
- Conversion gets better as target audience already knows you better than the first time visitor to your site.
- Better ROI as the number of quality clicks increase resulting in lower spend to sales ratio (ACoS) or higher ROAS.
- Gaining loyal customers of your brand. It causes repeat customers availing your service time and again. It immensely improves organic traffic in a longer run.
- It may cause frustration to the audience as time and again same product is shown which sometimes get annoying.
- What if the visitor has already availed your service and still being targeted with the same product? It becomes just waste of an ad.
- Visitor may feel like being spied or whether any of his/her critical detail has been leaked in the public domain.
So get started with the Google ads or any other Social Media Ads and make it more effective by the retargeting technique. It greatly enhances online business growth with improved profitability. Maintain a fine balance considering the pros and cons of retargeting by ads.